Pages

2.19.2012

Experimenting with Mixed Media


I put my new found love of "art with handwriting" to the test!
I love mixed media pieces and decided to dive right in and create! 
This first one is a birthday present for a good friend who just recently
painted an old dresser hot pink for the guest room! 


The next one is an experiment of something I have had in my mind for quite some time.
I thought if it turned out-I'd give it to a friend who is turning 40 on February 29th.
(actually that would be her 10th birthday!)
It's not quite perfect so not sure if it is going to be given away. 


I got the bird idea from the fabulous Tresa Black. You can find a tutorial on her Fabulously Artsy blog here. I love that the crown is made from a snowflake stamp! (click on picture to see more detail) 

Once again, I have to apologize for the photo quality. There is a horrible glare from the flash on both pictures. Yesterday, I shot pictures in natural light, and they were too bright and even more faded out than these. Ughhhh

Hope ya'll stay healthy, I've had a doozy of a cold. It came on last Wednesday, just a day or so after I had been thinking on how healthy my family has been! 
 C'est la vie!


3 comments:

  1. WOW! You're handwriting is great! I always wished I was one of those girls in school that would make cool posters and doodle on our old brown-bag book covers with style. I have a feeling you had that talent. Way to use what God gives you! It's very inspiring! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lisa!! FABULOUS projects...love your artistic handwriting and how you've incorporated it into your mixed media projects...BEAUTIFUL!

    So sorry that you've been under the weather...take care and I hope you feel better really soon!

    Oh, one more thing, I tagged you in a post...here's the link for you to check out:

    http://scrappinbeckyb.blogspot.com/2012/02/tag-youre-it.html

    Hugs,

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brenda and Becky for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete