Pages

9.20.2011

Happy Happy!

This Happy, Happy, Happy card was made with the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge. The patterned paper is from the retired Caboodle pack.

So, I have to tell you, the creation of this card was a happy accident! My original idea was to paste the body only of the small blue butterfly onto the sorbet butterfly on the inside of the card. The wings are folded up and it adds dimension to the front of the card. I used the tiniest drop of Liquid Glass on the body of that butterfly and pasted it down. When I then opened the card, that butterfly was actually stuck to the front of the card instead of the inside!


I don't know how or where it was stuck to the front of the card, but it wasn't going to stay there for long! So I added a small strip through the cutout, and glued the butterfly to that.

Don't you just love it when mistakes turn into masterpieces?!
Inspiration for this card came from Terese on her blog Lost in Paper.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Love how you used the butterfly cut outs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is a real cutie! And I think your blog is a cutie, too! In fact, I have a little something for you on my blog: http://brendafrerichs.blogspot.com. I hope you'll stop by to get it. :-) HUGS

    ReplyDelete