Pages

8.01.2012

Hello Friends!

I had to take a break but I'm back, I think.
If you have been a follower for awhile, you'll know that I don't use my blog as an outlet to complain, gripe or tell you all my woes. (really--I don't have all that many woes!)

This is a happy place!

But for awhile there, I considered getting out of the blogging business all together. I wasn't finding joy in my crafting. It was more than just loosing mojo, I seriously had to take a step back and re-evaluate. I hinted awhile back that there were lots of changes going on in the Fowler family. I've been homeschooling my son for the past nine years and we made the decision to put him in school next year for eighth grade. I feel good about that decision. Now it is time for me to decide what I want to do. Exciting and Terrifying!

Another thing that had been weighing me down is changes in my mom's life. She moved into a retirement home a few weeks ago. I say "she moved"; she made the decision, but my sister and I had to take care of it all for her. I have traveled home (650 miles one way) three times this summer and have one or two more trips ahead of me. This is my childhood home we are talking about, I didn't know it would hit so hard.

After my last trip home, I felt like a small weight had been lifted. I say small, because I still don't feel free. But my mind cleared just enough to know that I don't want to stop blogging. I may not be a frequent poster, but I hope to spread joy whenever I do post. Hope ya'll stick with me!

Thank you to all who commented on my Robin Story! I didn't mean to leave you hanging! I'll finish the story in my next post.

Much love to all of you!
Wishing you all a day filled with joy!
♥ Lisa

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are OK! Sort of going through the same thing with my mom, except she won't move from her house. She recently fell and broke her shoulder bone. She lives in FL and I'm in TX, so thank goodness my sister is able to take care of her because she is pretty much helpless without the use of her right side. Hang in there! Things will eventually work out and be OK
    Don't stop your artwork--sometimes can be a good release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lisa, I just want you to know I'm praying for you as you continue to transition into new norms with your family.

    Your blog brings me joy and I have enjoyed reading it. :-)

    I, too, stepped away to re-evaluate blogging while dealing with life. But, in the end, I decided to come back to it--with a renewed purpose.

    Thank you for being exactly who you are. You are very easy to relate to and I draw inspiration from you and the work you do.

    Wishing you joy in your journey, friend!

    Brenda F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lisa!
    I've missed your posts and was worried about you...so glad that all is well! Sometimes life throws changes at us...whether we're ready or not - ha! ha! I know that you'll navigate through the new chapter in your life with flying colors! Glad to have you back with us...always love reading your fun and uplifting posts. Sending hugs your way! :)
    Becky

    ReplyDelete