Pages

2.13.2012

Letter Love Lessons

OK--time to get brave and show you some of the pages in my Letter Love journal. I'm still loving this class. As the days go by, I'm feeling more confident in my lettering skills. I feel that I'm even finding my own style.
Play. Practice.Write. Repeat. Is our "montra". This was one of the first assignments. I have another sign done on bristol board standing on my desk. I forgot to take a picture of that one. I'll show you later.










                                                                                                                                                                                                       
In one of the lessons, Joanne gave us a list of 19 fonts to mimic. Number 20 we were to come up with our own font. ("art, I hope it finds me" is taken and changed up a bit from one of my favorite songs. "Nature" by The Samples. One of the lines is, "nature, I hope it finds me.")




















I didn't get too creative on this one.
I'm afraid I was
influenced strongly by Joanne's sample.











The colored lines, or grid, on this page was done with a Tombow Marker, then gone over with a water brush to make it look like watercolor. Very fun. It was done on water color paper, then taped into my Letter Love Journal.



 OH--how I NEED a new camera. All these pictures are washed out, they look so different than the originals. This lesson was to "Write in the Round" I had lots
of fun with it and did a few samples.





      These next three are done in a Mixed Media Journal.   I'm having trouble with blogger at the moment--it won't let me go below the last picture and type.
So I'll sign off here--thanks for stopping by today-have an artfully fantastic day!                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

2 comments:

  1. LOVE them ALL!!! I do believe that "art has found you", Lisa - wonderful work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful examples of the lessons... I think you did great and Art has found you!

    ReplyDelete