Pages

4.13.2013

One Month Ago Today


I've been missing from action with my blog the past few months. My mother passed away March 13th, and I am just starting to come out of the fog. She was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in January so it all happened so fast. She lived in Overland Park, KS, where I grew up, and I live 700 miles away in Colorado. We were in town for Christmas, then I was back four more times between January and March.
My crafting gene came from my mom, she painted the shirt she is wearing in the picture above! Along with crafting, she loved music, gardening, reading, animals, and playing bridge. She loved nature and appreciated the simple things in life. Hmmmm---I think I just described myself!
Thank you mom!
I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Hugs, Lisa! Your mom sounds like a beautiful person! I'm so glad she created you and, thus, touched my life. :)

    ReplyDelete