Pages

1.11.2012

Scrap-It-Girl

I've got some very exciting news! Kimberly from Scrap It Girl has asked me to be on her new design team! I've been participating in her challenges some time now--and I'm thrilled to take this next step  She will have monthly challenges--that will be sure to get your creative juices flowing!
Today her first challenge was posted

The CHA Challenge
January 11-January 31
Kimberly (the lucky duck) is going to CHA in California this month. So in this first challenge you need to use something that starts with C, H, and A.  Make sure you go to this page and read the rules then visit this post to see what all the DT members came up with. At the end of my post today--I'll show you the prize for this challenge.

I had so much fun pulling this one together!



For the letter C: Close to My Heart Cardstock was used in Black, Tulip, and Smoothie and Close to My Heart's Roxie paper pack was used.  I used Close to My Heart's Cricut Cartridge and scraps of chipboard were used to pop up the banner.


 Why use expensive 3-D foam tape when you have tons of chipboard scraps?

 For the letter H: Hemp and Hearts. I have had a bunch of silver heart brads in my stash forever. I got those out, colored them with a red sharpie and was so happy to add them to my page!

For the letter A: Art Philosophy (the name of the Close to My Heart Cricut cartridge) I used it for the banner, the decorative matte behind the picture on the left, the butterfly and the flourish in the lower right corner. The butterfly (which is an animal!) has two layers. One of the layers was cut from acetate and painted with acrylic paints!

Now--I hope you go visit Scrap it Girl and take part in this fun challenge. Here is what you can win--


Thanks so much for visiting today.
Wishing you many smiles!!

1 comment: