Pages

12.23.2011

December Madness!

December madness--but I love every day of it!!

Hasn't the month just flown by?

It has been way too long since I have been able to sit here and compose for my blog. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I made a bunch of things to put in a craft boutique. (Cherry-Lime Boutique, they keep their facebook page updated just about daily--lots more pictures of the shop there! It is such a cute store.)
Here are pictures of a few of the items:
Some decorated notepads.















The Tic-Tac Snowmen were a big seller!

I made a few mini-albums, that I forgot to take pictures of, but they were the mini made with the 5x7 craft envelope. You can see a picture of one I made here.

I also made a few of what I call, "The Coffee Table Photo Display", that is made with a Laughing Cow cheese box. See a picture here of one.




This little mini-album was a new one for me. I found a very talented blogger at Just a Few Designs. Elsa has YouTube videos and is so much fun to watch. Anyway, bulk of this mini is made with just two sheets of 12x12 paper! Visit her Youtube video, here, to learn how to do it.
I used paper from the retired Mistletoe Level 1 paper pack, which is not double sided, so I had to cover some white pages with B&T paper. I can't wait to make one with Close To My Heart's double sided cardstock!









This album has lots of pockets, tags and surprises with every turn of the page. It was lots of fun to make!



Believe it or not, it has 28 spaces for pictures and journaling!

Click on each picture to try to see some more detail.
Like I said, it was tons of fun to make, and really easy!

So--I got all of that to the Boutique on December 5th. Then I had to get the house and me ready for a visit from my sister.

She came in from Minnesota on the 8th. We spent that night in Boulder, and had a wonderful time eating, drinking and pampering ourselves. (so sad that I don't have any pictures of us there)

On Friday the 9th, we went to see a play that my son was in. He was the narrator of the play and did an awesome job!

THEN--on Saturday, December 10th, we had a big birthday to celebrate-- my 50th! We had a party here at the house with about 20 people! This was the reason my sister came to town--I had also invited my brother, who lives in Michigan, hoping he could come help celebrate too, but he said he had too much going on that weekend. Guess what--He and my sister-in-law surprised me
and showed up. It was such a good night!


From left to right in this picture: my husband, me, my (little) sister, my brother, and then my sister-in-law.


OK--after that huge weekend--I had to get busy and make my Christmas cards! Well--I did already have some done, because on December 4th, a friend came over and we had some fun creating-I got 20 done that night. I needed about 40 more though! I was going to post pictures of some of my favorites, but I must have put those in the wrong file on my computer, because I can't find them. lol!!

Last night we visited this awesome Christmas display. It is one of those displays that is set to music. It was incredible.
Click on the picture to see a Youtube video. We didn't take the video, I just searched for a video to show you.
They also have a website, The Greeley Grizwalds!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my blogging friends! Wishing you love, happiness and abundant joy in the new year!

Merry, Merry,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment