Pages

2.14.2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

So sorry that posts have been few and far between. My son and I always want to use the camera at the same time!

Here are the Valentines I made the men in my life!

This one is my son's. It is done using the Joseph Coat technique. The card design is called the "Joy Fold". Don't ya know that anything with the word JOY in the title--I just have to try! A very talented CTMH sister created some beautiful cards using this design and shared them on the CTMH Bulletin Board. She found the design on Split Coast Stampers, but I just looked at hers and figured it out. The stamp set used in this card is a long retired one, but still one of my favorites for hearts, it is called "You And Me". Cardstock is Black, Watermelon (retired) and Citrus Leaf (retired). The patterned paper is old, old B&T paper I still have. Ink colors are Watermelon, Citrus Leaf and Orange. The ribbon is from the local craft store.


My husbands card was inspired by a card that is in the new Close To My Heart Idea Book, on page 106. I used Tulip and Black cardstock. The pretty polka dot and striped paper is scraps that I had from the Jingle Paper Pack. (retired) The stamp set is the Baroque Alphabet. The hearts are Dimensional elements, I stamped with a little flourish that is included in the Baroque Alphabet stamp set. Hard to see, but on the hearts are some of the tiny Sparkle in red. The letters are filled in with Prisma Glitter. I discovered something new while making this card. On the letter "L" I used Bonding Memories Glue to adhere the Prisma Glitter. The point on that was a little too big, so I switched to the Embossing Pen which was much easier to fill in the letters with. WELL--they dried different colors. The Bonding Memories Glue dried clear and the Embossing Pen dried with a hint of blue color. So there's your FYI for the day!I have a good friend whose birthday is on the 13th. We are taking our boys out for ice cream today (at Spooners--YUM), so I will give her this card.

This design came from "Wishes", Close to My Heart's card making how to book. It is the Designer Tab card. I love how easy it came together with using the book! Tulip, Black and White Daisy cardstock were used. The polka dot paper is again from the Jingle paper pack. The stamp sets are Piece of Cake and Celebrate the Everyday (retired). This was my first attempt at the accordion rosette, I think it adds a nice little touch, there is a pink Twinkle Brad in the center.
(Twinkle Brads are no longer available--I just loved those brads)

I used a bunch of retired stuff on these projects. I'm working really hard at getting through my hoarded stash!

I hope you have a day filled with fun and love!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment