Pages

3.23.2012

My Smash Book

Whoah--It has been awhile since I've posted any artwork. I've been moving from one project to the next--and just haven't taken the time to share them here.


I'm in love with the Smash Book I created!
What is a Smash Book you ask?
It is a journal type book that you put all those things you collect and put in a drawer. My husband and I call this the "life drawer", it is full of ticket stubs, pamphlets, cards, notes, business cards and just little things we want to save. A Smash Book is the perfect place to save all these things. It's the catch-all for the stuff that makes you smile. They are so easy to make too, I just pulled out a bunch of old, hoarded Close To My Heart papers, some 5x7 manilla envelopes, some stamps to create journaling jots, and all the rub-on embellishments I never seem to use on a layout--and went to town putting it all together! 

Here is the first page. The inside cover has a pocket that holds a library card. The first page is bursting with color and I love it! 



 The Juniper triangle you see actually creates a pocket that holds two small tags. Then this is also a flap that opens up to put more stuff! See that striped piece peaking out? It is actually Washi tape--that I will use to hold down all the goodies! Nope it doesn't match--but that's OK!!


The first page is actually built on a manilla envelope as the base. I just sealed the enveope, trimmed one long edge a little and it creates a pocket. This pocket is holding journaling jots, tags and other embellies. You need lots of journaling jots for a Smash book because there will be patterned or dark papers as pages throughout your book.


This is a photo matte being held in place by a belly band and half a circle that is raised with foam tape to stop the piece from falling out. When the photo matte is taken out--there is space for journaling or other stuff underneath.


This is a pocket that has a tag, a photo matte, and another piece that folds over so when it is opened there is lots of room to smash things!
There are all sorts of papers, tags, and other envelopes in the book to hold things, I had to stop showing at some point!
Since there were so many pictures in this post, I sized them small--so please click on pictures to see more detail!
Thanks for stopping in today!
Toodles~~

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciated this post. This is a really neat smash book and I like the way you taught us how to create one. Great job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL - this is one of my favorite CTMH paper packs!! I've never made a smash book...but I've got lots of tickets and memorbilia, so you've inspired me to put one of these cuties together! :) Thanks for the inspiration, Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete