Pages

1.28.2012

A One Picture Layout!

I don't know if I have EVER done a one picture layout. I see them all the time and I like them but as you can tell by the layouts I usually post here, I tend to FILL my pages with pictures!
Well, I've been scrapping a family reunion (2009) and after weeding through the pictures and getting groups together that would then be different layouts, I was left with a few singles, that I definitely wanted to include into the story. Now--the daunting task of creating a One Picture Layout! Could I do it?

While strolling through my blog list yesterday, a certain challenge caught my eye. I've always wanted to partake in a Frosted Designs Challenge and this one was calling to me! I really liked the layout that a couple of ladies from the DT used. They got their sketch from Creative Scrappers. Inspiration for my One Picture Layout was found!

The Fabulous Friday Challenge at Frosted Designs was a Recipe challenge.
The Recipe:
Three pieces of patterned paper
Two buttons and a
One word title
And here is sketch #192 from Creative Scrappers
I had so much fun putting this together!


All supplies from Close to My Heart can be found here.
Elemental Paper Packet (X7141B)
Cardstock: Black, Pacifica, Cranberry and Colonial White
Eclectic Alphabet Chipboard Sheets (Z1395)
Milepost Shapes (Z1464)
Wooden Buttons (Z1387)
A Typeface stamp set (A1117)
Stamp Pads in Cranberry and Pacifica
Also used a retired Paper Pack called Notebook for the ruler and journal card above picture.

Hope you find time for crafting today!
Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. What a great layout! I really like the different papers and shapes you used. So glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout...love the clean, geometric look! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs this week! :)

    ReplyDelete