Pages

1.02.2012

A Calendar Journal

I'm a stalker of not only stamp and paper lover blogs--but also some artists' blogs. One blog that I've been following for awhile is The Kathryn Wheel. Kate is a master at "art journaling", see her year of art journals here. I love her style and whimsical ideas. Well--I'm not an artist (that is why I love rubber stamps!!), but I was so attracted to her style of journaling. It just hit me yesterday, that I could come up with something along those lines, but use my 12x12 paper, stamps, markers and such. A monthly journal page will be the perfect addition to our family photo album!

The daily journaling squares for the calendar are 1 3/8" square. I haven't adhered them all down, I will do that after I journal on each one. Click on picture to see more detail, but I have stamped around the edge of the paper (from the retired Aspen paper pack) with Snow Flurries. My vision is that I will doodle or stamp more in the blank spaces as the month progresses. I'll post the finished page at the end of the month, along with the new page for February. This will be a 366 day challenge for me! (1 more day for leap year!) If you decide to take on this challenge too, I'd love to see your monthly page ideas!
Other stamp sets used were; Token Alphabet and Chocolate Alphabet Small.
Thanks for stopping in today.

1 comment:

  1. I've finally got a minute to sit down at the computer to catch up on my blogging and commenting! Anyhoo...I LOVE this idea!! Once again you've inspired me, Lisa!! Great way to keep up with the "goings on" of everyday family life throughout the year! :)

    ReplyDelete