Pages

8.25.2011

Heart to Heart Challenge


I now have a teenager! So hard to believe.
Thanks to the CASE Challenge at Heart to Heart Challenges , I didn't have a problem coming up with a card. Which is a good thing, being that I didn't get started on it until 11:30 p.m. the night before his birthday! We were to pick a card from one posted by the Design Team and CASE it. (CASE stands for Copy And Share Everything)
Haley's card spoke to me so I chose it to help me with the birthday card I was to create. I love the colors in Close to My Heart's new paper pack called Dreamin'-which is what Haley used. She also used a pattern from the Wishes Card Confidence Program book. Since I didn't have the Dreamin' Paper Pack 2 days ago (woohoo--I do now!! It just came this morning. Oh what a happy day!), I used cardstock in the colors of Pacifica and Goldrush.
I also had some old B&T paper in Goldrush that I used for that smaller rectangle.
The banner was cut from B&T from the old paper pack Free Spirit.
I modified the Wishes Card Confidence Program pattern and made my card a bit smaller. The "Top Band" pattern on page 100 of the Wishes book calls for the card to be 8" inches. Mine is only 6 1/2".
Stamp sets that were used: Friendship Alphabet Small, Party Pennants and the stamp set from last month's You and Me Special.

This is my first time to play along in the Heart to Heart Challenge. I hope to get some more of their August Challenges done and the also the Scrapbooking Challenge, I love the current sketch. First though--I have a busy weekend planned with a 13 year old's birthday party!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! You're so brave to play along. I'm so proud of you, Lisa! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CASE! :) I hope your son has had a very happy birthday! My DD turned 13 earlier this year, so I feel your pain. Thanks for sharing this epic card with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete