Pages

12.23.2010

Birthday Card

My sister-in-law's birthday is December 26th. So after I'm done with making Christmas cards, I work on a special card for her! I was inspired by Debbie Carriere's "Sweet Blessings" card--it is out of this world beautiful--you need to check it out!
This card was so much fun to make! I have always loved multiple layering with paper and embellies--and with Debbie's help--I think I pulled it off!
Supplies used all Close To My Heart except where stated:
Cocoa, Spring Iris and Lilac Mist Cardstock.
Spring Iris Exclusive Ink stamp pad and Spring Iris re-inker.
A Little Everything My Acrylix stamp set (this stamp set might be retired). Some very old and retired B&T paper in the Spring Iris color. (just love using up that old stuff!) Liquid Glass,
Dimensional Elements-Hearts, Foundry Metal Accessories-Bookplates, Just Blooms Paper Flowers, Big Pinks, Mistletoe Level 2 Assortment, Opaques-Pearl, Filigree Charms.
I don't have any of Close to My Hearts Pretty Pins-so I made my own with some old beads. Then there is one contra bling flower on the heart. The seam binding is from my Grandma's old button box that I have had forever! The Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder was also used.
OK--now onto my next project; a paperbag book for a friends birthday--needs to be done by Jan. 3rd!
Thanks for visiting today.

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOO!! Sooooo pretty! I love all of the layers and the color combo is just gorgeous! Your SIL will LOVE IT! The "A Little Everything" stamp sets is one of my faves...I use it all the time - very versatile!

    I hope that you and your family have a VERY MERRY Christmas and a new year that is filled with many, many blessings!!

    Hugs,
    Becky B.

    ReplyDelete